Cross-Border Complaints

If you have a dispute with a financial services provider located in another EU/EEA country, get hold of any documentation you were given at the time you purchased the product or service. We cannot take complaints against providers who are not authorised in Malta. However, we may be able to guide you to locate a complaints body outside Malta which can accept your complaint.

Locate the section relating to 'Complaints' or 'Disputes' in your product's documentation.  Read it carefully and identify the process you need to follow to register a complaint with the provider. It is likely that you will also find details of an external complaints body located in the country where your service provider is located (similar to the Office of the Arbiter for Financial Services). 

We are members of FIN-NET, the Europe-wide network of national organisations responsible for settling consumers’ financial services complaints out of court.

FIN-NET is made up of over 60 organisations covering 27 countries in the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA). Therefore, if you have a complaint against a financial services provider located in an EU/EEA Member State and you are unable to locate the external complaints body that can review your complaint, we may be able to identify it and even establish the first contact on your behalf.

Click here to learn more (external website).